Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 2: last day of freedom





Kenzie


Today Mom, Dad, Catherine, and her boyfriend Trip all left me at home to go to the lake for memorial day. I start work tomorrow, so I had to stay home for the day. You should know i HATE being bored. So that left me with one clear option: BE CREATIVE!

One of my closest friend, Meredith Lockhart, and I decided to make an earring holder. I had the idea, Mere has the craft gene, and so we headed out to buy supplies for our little Martha Stewart adventure. Turns out... errands leading up to a craft can take more time than the craft itself. Never the less, we bought frames, fabric, and wire mesh.

Side note: Meredith and I LOVE the blog a cup of jo.  (read it daily- i PROMISE you will be inspired) Anyways, the author, Joanna Goddard, recently recommended a list of documentaries; meredith and I obviously rented one on her list to watch while crafting our little hearts out.

Lesson learned: if you're planning on a movie being background noise to a craft, make sure the movie isn't in subtitles. It makes for a difficult multitask, and we had to resort to one person reading the movie outloud as the other crafted.



So... our attempt to be "documentary-cool" may have failed, and we may or may not have watched Friends instead, but we DID successfully finish our craft for the day. You should try making an earring holder- super easy. Just take the glass and backing out of a frame and staple wire mesh and fabric to the back.
We tried both wood glue and nails, but staples worked best. I bet hot glue would have worked as well




Our finished product! Mine's on the left and mere's on the right

Well.. I put the documentary back on while writing this post so once again i have NO idea what's going on. Sometimes I just never learn. 

1 comment:

  1. Kenzie, that is a really neat frame you made. I can definitely see that you picked up a nice dose of that familial artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete