Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 3 Movin' and Grovin'

Catherine 






Farewell Holly Lake

So, as Kenz said, today I moved into th new lake house with my parents and Trip (my boyfriend). The day began a little later than normal due to my new eye masks wich effectively and comfortably blocked out the sun which streamed in through the curtainless windows. 
Ice Tea

The two cabins are the product of my interior designer mom and my developer dad who have lived in the oldest part of Dallas most of their lives. The best description I have for them is quaint. They both have two bedrooms with a kitchen adjoining onto the living room. We separated the day into three sections divided by our two runs to the nearby gas station for ice tea. Tip one: if you need refreshment, always turn to ice tea. It's the perfect southern beverage although I am personally biased against Lipton. It tastes like dirt water. 


Anyways the second section we spent hanging wooden shelves. HAREDEST. THING. EVER. The shelves themselves weigh about 80 pounds so they take two people to hold onto
the wall. Besides that we had to fit the screws into the the ancors when the screws were still in the shelves. Anyways it took the four of us an hour to hang them and by the end we simply needed more of that delicious ice tea. End of section two. I slept through section three. Typical Catherine. 

Ivey and me

Now I'm headed home getting mentally prepared for tomorrow (my first day of work) and for hearing about Kenzie's first day tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment