Wednesday, August 4, 2010

day 62

I realize that the 70 days of Catherine and Kenzie are taking us a bit longer than 70 days... I'm not too worried about that. Believe me, the blog will get finished, and Catherine and I have decided that we're not going to stress ourselves over a skipped day (or 3) here and there.

With that said, I would like to blog about my wonderful lunch with my grandfather, Papa, yesterday. I had the best surprise on monday when Papa called to see if I could go to lunch on Tuesday! So, yesterday Papa and I spent 2 hours chatting about the bachelorette, college and life after college. I feel so lucky to have such a close relationship with my grandfather; I have no doubt we could have kept talking all afternoon. He gives the best advise, and it was the total highlight of my day.

my thought for today:

"but whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him"

Philippians 3:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment