Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 37

Kenzie

I want to share with you something from my church service today. This morning at service we all publicly confessed our need of the Lord. We read the following together:

"O God of heaven, we confess that we have not lived our lives in the light of eternity. We have not held fast to the truth that 'the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us.' We have not set our eyes on the unseen eternal things, but set them time and time again on transient things; things we hope will save us; things we hope will give us joy; things to keep us from becoming bored. But Lord, we also confess that we have not sufficiently thanked You for provision You make for our lives now."

What a reminder to pick my head up from the daily things that pull my attention from the Lord. What is the point of trying to create a heaven on earth when God is where my hope should be

No comments:

Post a Comment