Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 40 and 41: The Problem with the Marble

Catherine 

So yesterday my internet wasn't working... so today I blog with double the effort. I'm feeling uncreative at the moment. It's a very sad thing for someone who's going to be majoring in art. The reason? I cannot for the life of me think of a good marble craft.

Let me explain. At work we are in the process of clearing out the sample room. Due to many samples being out of date and many venders being busy I throw a lot away. However, I didn't feel right tossing the marble samples. After all, there has to be some purpose I can put them to... right? I considered making some sort of device to hold pictures but they are too heavy to hang on the wall. I considered making a checkers board, but I don't have enough. I considered covering a table, but who wants to ruin a perfectly good table? Sad day for Catherine.

I admit that there is very little point to me telling you this except that I blog about what I think about, and right now I'm stumped. Problems are kind of like that. They can be all too consuming. Often times I see the trash as the enemy. The trash means that I could not find a solution to my problem of what to do with something. This is why my previous problem with throwing this away keeps manifesting itself in my messy room.  On the to do list for tomorrow: either find something to do with these samples or in the trash they go! Could I paint on them?? hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment