Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 12: the reason behind the blog

Kenzie

Today I asked myself why Catherine and I are writing this blog...

Believe me, we are not presumptuous enough to believe we are important enough to keep people anxiously waiting by their computer for the newest update from the Chesnut sisters. So, I asked myself, why are we doing this? Why spend the daily 20 minutes (or less.. see saturday's post) typing vignettes from our lives?

Here is what I decided:

  • I want to notice the little things that happen in my day. Please let me explain. I believe that every person's life is exciting, and every person has a story to tell. The trick is learning to see the unique details that set one day apart from the next. I blog as a way of training myself SEE every day for what is unique about it. Isn't it crazy that I will read magazines and books about other people's stories, but I don't take the time to intentionally learn my own? A blog forces me to capture the details.
  • strangly, I kinda like being able to yell "hey cath have you blogged yet" down the hall and to get texts like "lame blog post kenzie" during the day
  • I've been told that "sisters who blog together jog together"... maybe an athletic summer in the future of the Chesnut sisters? (blog posts to come?)
  • Blogging's fun... and everyone's doing it. (2 reasons my parents always taught me to make decisions by)
So there you go.. my reasons for blogging this summer. 

and one more: maybe, just maybe, a few people will enjoy reading the adventures and random ramblings that will fill this blog for the next (lets see... 70 minus 12) ... 58 days




No comments:

Post a Comment