Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 28/ Day 29 Psyched for College

Catherine


So confession. We were MIA in the blog world yesterday because of me... I got back from orientation then I fell asleep at 6 p.m. Good news is that I'm rested and ready to write twice as much information tonight.

I finally have the reasons why college will be so great that I promised a few blogs ago.
1. I will be living in the same space as a lot of my friends. I loved TCA but having to commute to school/friends' houses definitely had its disadvantages.
2. Classes go according to my schedule and my preferences. For instance, next year I will have 3 art or art history classes and one writing class. It will be tough but I'll be able to enjoy my classes more so I will be more motivated to work.
3. I think everyone can agree that college is just fun, but especially when it's in Austin. I've only gotten a taste of how fun the city of Austin can be; it's beautiful and has great food, fun lakes, awesome shopping, and weird people.
4. I will have a good mix of people like me and people different than me. The schools big enough that there will definitely be people that I can relate to, but orientation made it very clear that typical people that go to UT are not the people that I'm used to hanging out with.
5. There will be a healthy independence with going to college. I will be living on my own making my own decisions. True, Taylor will be living on his own and my parents will have season tickets to football games but I won't report to them about everything.

So, I listed my main reasons, but I'm sure I will think of more. FYI orientation went so well! I got my classes I wanted and met a ton of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment