Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 17: is it strange that i love mondays?

Kenzie


I kinda like mondays. Now.. before cite unreconcilable differences as a reason to stop reading my blog, I have to tell you WHY i like them! Don't get me wrong, I love love love the weekend. In fact, because I work saturdays, I have to double-time my sundays and cram as much into the day as I can without feeling guilty of breaking the fourth commandment. Yesterday I went to church with my family, went to lunch with my brother's fiance's family, headed to speed zone for a few hours, and made it back just in time for a friend's engagement party. Clearly, I enjoy my day off.

But on to the reason I like mondays. A recent tradition has formed with my dallasite friends. On monday nights, a group of my friends head to my house for dinner and the bachelorette. We eat yummy food, hear about each other's summer jobs, wonder how we will ever survive the looming big bad "real world," and just enjoy being refreshed by each other's personalities. I love the close friendships in my life, and I love the way college allows friends to live as family. Honestly, one hard things about this summer has been that I am suddenly hours away from friends who I am used to being 2 minutes from. I have even found that Dallas is way too big for my liking.

Basically, I am learning to become intentional with my friends, and this weekly dinner/bachelorette gathering is an example of that. While I have to admit that I do love the drama of the tv show, I really just enjoy the consistency of close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment