Thursday, June 24, 2010

day 26: take me out to the ballgame

Kenzie



Tonight 7 friends and I headed out to Arlington for the Texas Ranger game. I have to admit... I wasn't toooo excited about getting home from work and jumping in the car to drive 30 minutes to the stadium. I'm not a huge sports fan. I don't know players and I don't know stats. Before tonight I hadn't heard about the rangers recent winning streak. In fact, if you know me, you won't be surprised to find out that I didn't even watch much of the game tonight, and I didn't really care that my seat was wayyy up in the third deck.

Noooo... for me it's not really about the baseball game. Call me sad, but I like summer ranger games for just about everything other what most people enjoy. I like the dot race, and I like dollar hotdogs. (of course we picked dollar hotdog night to go to the game) I love the "duh duh de-duh da duh...CHARGE" chant and how you get to sit back and watch the sun set. Of course, the ranger's win makes me happy, but not as much as my friends do when they say "Kenzie Kinsler" could be a great name for me. (Yes, Ian Kinsler is my ranger crush)

Basically, and I know it's cliche, but I go to the ballpark for the experience, and tonight's game totally delivered. The weather cooled off a bit, my friends were so much fun, and I got to prop my feet up on the railing in front of me and enjoy a night at the ballpark.

(please don't let my last sentence deceive you- those cute shoes are not mine.. I wish..)

No comments:

Post a Comment