Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 20: Almost like a Gatsby Party

Catherine



So I've noticed a trend: Kenzie talks about what makes life worth living... and I summarize my day. I suppose I'm not the most romantic blogger but I hope you see some of my thoughts and loves through my stories.

Anyways, tonight was Dad's big night. The night where hundreds of people get to see him as the star that he is. It was the grand opening of his new apartments, Park 17 in downtown. It all looked incredible and my dad got to be proud of his work in front of all of the guests. I thought about taking pictures for the blog but honestly, taking pictures of people you don't know typically ends up with awkward moments, not to mention having to carry around my camera all night.




I suppose I'll just describe it. The party started with a valet service which left party favor in every car they parked. Then, Trip and I checked in so they could make sure our names were on the list. Upstairs, in the amenity space (yes, I learned that word at work) all the entertainment was going on. A mime tried to interact with me when I caught his eye. Honestly, I found that kind of awkward. Amy, one of the interior designers that I work with painted in the media room. Outside on the rooftop garden there were synchronized swimmers and tango dancers. Kenzie brought three friends and they partied it up. Trip and I drank coke. I feel like Fitzgerald describing one of Gatsby's parties; I just have never been to a party like it! On that note, the Great Gatsby is a wonderful book. Read it if you haven't. I pretty much hung out with Trip and talked to people we came across. I did a little showing off too (if you were wondering who bought the soaps and sponges in the 2 bedroom model, it was me; no biggie).

I could have pulled a Kenzie "congrats dad on a beautiful party!" but I thought I'd describe the event (love ya kenz). Shout out to Amy and Papa who were in New York and couldn't come to the party. We missed you! I know they sometimes read this, plus I've never given a "shout out" before. Summer of new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment