Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 32 and 33: Special Stories

Catherine


So tonight we had another engagement party but this one was for Brynn, a good family friend of ours. It got me thinking about how awesome each marriage story is. For instance, they met in Europe when she traveled with her mom and he studied abroad. They emailed back and forth for a while. Eventually he followed her to Austin and now they are engaged and he's working at a camp in Texas. Crazy how the Lord has such a different plan than the one we would have expected.

Or sometimes things happen exactly as we would have expected. Take my parents. They dated all through high-school and college with a few break ups but nothing permanent (obviously). At the end of college, my dad saved up for a ring and they got married. To me that's just my parents' story but its so great how everyone has their stories. Even if you stay single your whole life, you most likely will have fallen in love once and that's something to remember in and of itself.

I remember the day I realized that the odds were in my favor for eventually getting married. I got so excited because I realized that I could actually be the one with the story and the love and the beautiful wedding. It seems so simple, but love is actually so special and such a blessing. Maybe I'm just being a romantic because of all of the weddings happening around me, but I really think we should stop and realize what a wonderful thing it is that things like that actually happen. Taylor, for instance, found a woman that he is so in love with that he can commit to loving her his whole life and she feels the same way back. What confidence marriage signifies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment