Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 4 Memoirs of an Intern

Catherine


      For the past two days I have been scanning ideas cut out of magazines, checking pricing and availability of products, taking notes at a meeting, organizing project samples, and running errands. It's true, life as an intern isn't super glamorous but I love it! I get to see how the company is run with little responsibility but still earning some spending money. Life is good.
      To be honest I fake my abilities a bit: I worked on a power point an hour before I could figure out how to get the pictures from the camera onto the slide; I hung up on the first call that I answered; I wrote every word of a meeting down because I couldn't figure out what they would find important; and I stuck a few samples in the shelves when there didn't seem to be a place for them. However,  I truly believe I'm learning. I successfully added my jobs onto the time sheet correctly and even remembered to ask "add service?" which basically asks if what I was doing was part of the original contract. My boss has called me "Kenzie" a few times but I'm fine with that. My sister's usually a good person to go behind where leadership's opinions are concerned.
      After work I went to dinner with one of my best friends, Katy, and we both got salads only to ruin our good opinions of ourselves by making pizookies (like the ones at BJ's) out of cookie dough baked in measuring cups and ice cream on top. But, that's how life goes right? The moment you get prideful you fail. At least that's how it works with my eating habits. Enough for tonight. I have to get up bright and early to get my car inspected because I got a ticket and I have my court hearing tomorrow. Apparently they dismiss it sometimes if you've fixed the problem. We'll see. Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment