Friday, June 18, 2010

day 21: morning encouragement

Kenzie

Today's my golden blog. you know how your golden birthday is the year that the day matches your age? Well today the blogday is my age ... i mean just FYI :)

Ok.. so on to today. I would like to talk about my morning lessons. Every morning before work (earlier than I EVER like to be up) I usually have about 15 minutes where I sit downstairs with my parents and eat 2 hard boiled eggs. (since starting work I have found that protein in the morning is a NECESSITY)

Anyways, my mom, my dad, and I sit in the sunroom and drink coffee, and my mom usually reads this devotional book called Jesus Calling. Every day the devotion is a little letter from God to me, and it gives daily encouragement that is backed by scripture.

Here is an excerpt from today's devo:

"You are my beloved child. I choseyou before the foundation of the world, to walk with e along paths designed uniquely for you. Concentrate on keeping in step with Me, instead of trying to anticipate My plans for you. If you trust that My plans are to prosper you and not to harm you, you can relax and enjoy the present moment. Your hope and your future are rooted in heaven, where eternal ecstasy awaits you."
        • Ephesians 1:4
        • Proverbs 16:9
        • Jeremiah 29:11
        • Ephesians 1:13-14
What encouragement to me today that at work to keep an eternal mindset and to live for the Lord and not for my own selfish desires.

Get this book- it's such an encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment